Dealing with mould and mildew is an absolute nightmare! It seems as though it’s impossible to get rid of and no matter how hard you are trying – it always comes back.
I have had a lot of problems in my bathroom due to mould and mildew, however, recently I decided that enough is enough!
I had been using bleach for a few months as a way to get rid of the mould and it seemed to be working for a very short period of time but then things got worse. After talking to a specialist I understood that bleach is not a good option – in fact, it’s a terrible option. The bleach removes only the surface mould which means that it will eventually come back 10 times worse.
So how can you deal with mould and mildew?
After speaking to that specialist I decided that I need to find an inexpensive natural disinfectant which is powerful enough to deal with the mould yet is not toxic or harmful to my health.
Everyone that knows me is aware of the fact that I avoid commercial products and I have always preferred using natural ingredients which is why I was so determined to find something that works – a DIY recipe!
I did a lot of research and I came to a conclusion – I needed to use vinegar!
Here is what I did!
In a spray bottle, I mixed two cups of white vinegar, a teaspoon of tea tree oil, and 10 drops of lavender essential oil.
I would spray the mould and mildew directly with this mixture.